Friday, November 10, 2006

stop rehearsals

Washing my clothes for NYC. Will be there on Monday. I will stop rehearsals today and get drunk tonight. I'm not sorry but VERRRY sorry that I stop my rehearsals for more than ten days. Bogdan wants to make a stop in Amsterdam and we probably will, for two days. On the other hand, I can't wait to fly again. The show I'm rehearsing now is really hard. It needs energy and brain from the actors, to control their effort. It seems good until now, but a little bit long ?!? I'm talking about "Monged", by Gary Duggan. Trippy!!!!!!!!!! A really good text. I was at Miruna's rehearsals last night, she's doing "Some explicit Polaroids" by Ravenhill, and another revelation with the text- that it's so brilliantly written. Especially the three "trash" group, with Tim, Victor and Nadja- and their meeting with Nick who was emprisoned in 1984, and now he got out and meets "the happy world". Beautifully written, this with the happy world, and their brainwashed happiness. When Tim says "Ecstasy", you understand everyhting about their lives. I think people will be quite dazzled with this generation of shows at "Casandra"- there are things that they don't fucking know at all, or recognize. The 40-50 audience will be like "wow, I think the end of the world is near, and this young generation went sooo crazy". Drugs and clubs- this is what is "Monged" also dealing with, among with other things. Drugs, clubs, Ecstasy, and streets in Dublin. "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!". This will be the name of the show. And I hope I find Gary to talk to him about that. It's incredible that it's so hard to find someone's mail adress. Anyway... cheers. I'll be back probably tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home